Home | Wellington Sewing Centre
Established in 1988 as a sewing machine retail and repair service, Wellington Sewing Centre has grown to become a trusted source of quality supplies for all yarn and fabric-based crafts.
Under new ownership since 2016, we've expanded our yarn and dress fabric selections, developed a full schedule of classes for local adults (and children, when covid is less of a risk) and built our online capability so that creative people all around New Zealand have ready access to our products.
Alongside the changes, we've retained the business's original focus: we sell three brands of new sewing machines and four brands of overlockers and have an expert repair person available to service domestic machines.
Visit us in-store or shop online for:
- 4 brands of domestic sewing machines and overlockers, and their accessories and parts
- A huge range of yarns and other knitting, crocheting and felting essentials
- A tasteful selection of 100% cotton fabrics ideal for quilting and dressmaking
- A great selection of quality dressmaking fabrics: linens, rayons, viscoses, cotton knits, merinos, wools and wool blends
- A selection of StyleArc, Papercut, Pattern Fantastique, Megan Nielsen, - Drapers, and Little Kiwis Closet patterns
- Many of the basic materials used in quilting and sewing (e.g lining, interfacing)
- An impressive range of sewing supplies, haberdashery and notions
- Sewing furniture
- Ironing presses
- Dress dummies
- LED lights - floor and desk models
- Ashford weaving and spinning equipment
- Cutting machines and die cutters
We offer classes year-round in numerous crafts - for beginners and beyond. And we provide a reliable and rapid domestic sewing machine and overlocker repair service.